What you get to do in this role:
- ServiceNow has a large and highly skilled security team located at multiple sites globally and as part of a rapidly growing organization ServiceNow is looking to expand its security incident response team. This role is an opportunity to support both ServiceNow’s commercial customers as well as its Federal environment. As a rapidly growing organization ServiceNow offers the opportunity for growth while learning its commercial and federal environments and the ServiceNow platform itself.
- As an Information Security Analyst you will be a key member of the Security Operations team; monitoring the tools and systems that defend ServiceNow’s production and corporate environment, define relationships between seemingly unrelated events through deductive reasoning, come up with ways to do things faster, better and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality.
- You will work on a geographically diverse team to respond to threats that may arise against our infrastructure, and track incidents to closure, working across functional teams.
- You will work with the various teams to maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Using this baseline data you will conduct analysis of security vulnerabilities.
- You may be called upon to assist with the deployment, integration and initial configuration of new security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions; including network, and systems to improve overall platform security.
- You will be required to participate as an escalation point of contact in the On-Call rotation, to ensure that Security Operations can respond to priority incidents in a timely manner, and must be willing to work weekend shift and hours outside of standard business hours, if necessary.
- Candidates must be able to meet all federal government security screening requirements as indicated: Federal security screening requirements call for applicant to verify U.S. Citizenship. Additional customer screening requirements may include additional items such as, but not limited to: specialized agency background checks (either national or local) and fingerprinting, as well as the ability to obtain a government personnel security clearance.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 0 – 2+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be willing to work weekend shift
- Deep understanding of Security Operations Center and Security Incident Response Team protocols and procedures.
- A solid foundation in networking fundamentals, with a deep understanding of TCP/IP and other core protocols.
- Background working with data logging applications (e.g. Splunk)
- Knowledge of internet security protocols and technologies.
- The ability to analyze event and systems logs, perform forensic analysis, analyze malware, and other incident response related data, as needed.
- Familiarity with intrusion detection systems.
- Knowledge of attack vectors, threat tactics and attacker techniques.
- Understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems and command line tools.
- Enterprise level analysis and defense experience are a plus.
- GSEC, GCIH, CEH, GCIA or CISSP certifications are a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.smartrecruiters.com.