Harris County District Attorney's Office
Department: Digital Forensic Investigation Unit (DFI)
The Digital Forensics Investigation unit Administrative intern will be responsible for intake and release of evidence items stored in the the property room and the DFI Unit. Processing of this evidence will include communication and coordination with the outside agencies to facilitate the intake and return of evidence. Research of case dispositions, coordination with destruction unit personal in order to obtain proper court authority for destruction of eligible evidence. managing electronic case files and database entries.
This person should be flexible, organized, knowledgeable about the internal and external electronic systems at the HCDAO, have the ability to communicate professionally with the public, outside police agencies, and officers. Be a self-starter, problem-solver, and be willing to assist with all other DFI administrative duties whenever necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle and maintain chain of evidence items
- Processing closed cases and return of evidence
- Research of closed cases for destruction edibility
- Coordination with Destruction unit to obtain destruction order
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Processing incoming cases and evidence
- Assist with other administrative duties as needed
Position Type and Typical Hours of Work:
- PREFERENCE: An individual with the ability to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and as needed to complete tasks.
- The Administrative Assistant should have GED or High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of criminal law is preferred, but not required.
Visit the Harris County DA Career Listings Here: https://app.dao.hctx.net/careers
To apply for this job please visit hctxdao.hrmdirect.com.