St. Joseph County
Digital Forensics Investigator
Part-Time Student Position
This is a part-time position with a working schedule of 10 hours per week. The position is 100% in-person and remote work is not available.
The Cyber Crimes Unit of the St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office in South Bend, Indiana, seeks a current college student for a part-time internship to join the Cyber Crimes Unit as a Digital Forensics Investigator. In this position, students will be trained as digital forensic examiners and work as investigators on criminal cases, on behalf of both the prosecution and defense of those accused of crimes. Students will acquire, parse, and analyze information from digital evidence involved in active case investigations and pending prosecutions, while learning the process of digital analysis and investigation. Students may also be exposed to specialized learning experiences related to cyber forensics, digital investigations, and forensics research.
The St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office is committed to protecting everyone in our community by keeping dangerous criminals off our streets, rehabilitating those who can contribute to our community, and respecting victims of crime.
The team in this office includes Prosecutor Ken Cotter, deputy prosecuting attorneys, paralegals, investigators, child support caseworkers, victim advocates and support staff. We work with residents, police and other government leaders to make St. Joseph County a better place to live and raise a family.
- assisting law enforcement officers by conducting digital forensics for active case investigations
- assisting federal and state prosecutors by conducting digital forensics for criminal case prosecutions
- assisting federal and state defense attorneys by conducting digital forensics for criminal case defense
- evidence intake, chain of custody, and recording
- preparation of search warrants
- applying case facts to appropriate state and Federal laws
- court appearances and testimony, if needed
- may conduct research on technology and digital analysis topics
- extensive writing of warrants, reports, and other papers
- Must be a current full-time student at an accredited college or university
- Must be a United States Citizen (Per Indiana Code 36-8-3.5-12)
- Basic knowledge of computers, mobile devices, and online social networking sites
- Basic research knowledge
- Excellent writing, critical thinking, and creative thinking skills
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Willingness to work with subject matter that may be disturbing
- Willingness to submit to an advanced background check
To apply for this job please visit sjc.ezhiregov.com.