Intern – Unit 42 (Summer 2024)
Location: Reston, VA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Unit 42 is offering paid summer internships at our headquarters in Reston, VA, to motivated students who are currently working towards Bachelors or Masters degrees. Our interns are passionate about cybersecurity, interested in gaining hands-on practical, investigative experience, and value the opportunity to learn from some of the industry’s leading experts in digital investigations and offensive security.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
● The opportunity to learn about, and interact with, the different Unit 42 service offerings
There are five tracks for the Intern – Unit 42 position:
- Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Incident Response (IR)
- Offensive Security (OS)
- Threat Intel
- Threat Research
Incident Response (IR)
- Gain the knowledge and experience to start a career in cybersecurity.
- Each intern will be assigned a mentor as well as a supervisor to support your professional development within the field.
- Shadow engagements related to matters such as ransomware, network intrusions, business email compromise, and intellectual property theft.
- Work with members of the Professional Services team to learn common digital forensic and incident response case workflows and further develop your technical and investigative skills.
- Develop experience with cutting-edge technology, Palo Alto Networks/Unit 42 custom tools, and third-party forensic suites to assist with digital investigations.
- Complete a summer-long project on a related topic and present your results to the firm at the conclusion of the program.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field such as information security, computer science, digital forensics, or cybersecurity
- Passion and enthusiasm for cybersecurity, technology, and digital investigations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems
- Training in and/or experience with the fundamentals of digital forensic and incident response investigations and related artifacts
- Exposure to and/or experience using common commercial and open-source forensic suites and applications (e.g., EnCase, X-Ways, AXIOM, Volatility, Autopsy, etc.)
- Ability to understand technical concepts and to articulate these topics clearly to all levels of technical aptitude
- Ability to adapt quickly to and operate within a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities
- Also desirable, familiarity or proficiency with scripting and/or programming
- You must have authorization to work within the United States
To apply for this job please visit app.ripplematch.com.